The activities of our Insurance practice are closely linked to the firm's Banking and Finance, Capital Markets as well as Corporate and M&A practice groups. They are part of Lenz & Staehelin's core competences, and are closely tied up with Switzerland's leading role as a global centre in the financial services industry.
Our clients include major Swiss and foreign insurance and reinsurance companies, both startups and established multinational life and non-life (re)insurers, intermediaries, banks and other financial institutions, capital providers (including hedge funds, private equity funds and venture capital funds), regulators and other insurance industry participants. They benefit from the firm's expertise in regulatory matters and all aspects of capital markets, corporate and M&A, outsourcing and technology, corporate finance, structured finance, securities offerings, private equity, derivatives, collective investment schemes and other financial products.
We provide a comprehensive range of (re)insurance related services, including transactional, regulatory, commercial, coverage, dispute resolution and claims.
Our activities include:
- Market entry, formation and licensing
- Capital investment and solvability (SST, Solvency II)
- Personal and organizational requirements
- Outsourcing (policy administration, claims handling, ALM)
- Insurance policies law (D&O, E&O, FI, PI)
- Product regulation, insurance sales
- Reinsurance contracts, risk transfer
- Portfolio transfers, M&A transactions
- Restructuring, re-domiciliation
- Run-off advice, solvent schemes of arrangement