Deals & Cases
Lenz & Staehelin advised on the sale of second largest Belarusian mobile operator MDC to Telekom Austria Group
Lenz & Staehelin advised Mr. Ead Samawi and his partners on the sale of a majority stake in SB Telecom Ltd., sole owner of the second largest Belarusian mobile operator MDC operating under the brand "Velcom", to Austrian telecom group Telekom Austria.
mobilkom Austria, the mobile communication segment of Telekom Austria Group, acquired a 70% stake in Cypriot SB Telecom Ltd. for an enterprise value of approximately EUR 730 million. Further, mobilkom Austria entered into a call and put option agreement related to the remaining 30% stake held by Mr. Ead Samawi and his partners exercisable in the fourth quarter of 2010 for approximately EUR 320 million and agreed on a performance based deferred consideration.
The legal team of Lenz & Staehelin was led by Shelby R. du Pasquier and included Fedor Poskriakov.