On first name terms with your industry and needs
Seamless service stems from joined-up thinking. Whatever your needs in real estate and hospitality, we make sure only the most appropriate partner leads your case. They will coordinate any specialist advice required – such as around tax, regulatory or finance – throughout our integrated firm. And they also ensure that their experience is shared across all relevant practice areas, so that every lawyer has a full understanding of current real estate industry requirements including new developments in climate change, other ESG matters and AI-supported tools
We understand that every real estate transaction or matter is unique and requires a tailor-made approach. So our small, highly efficient teams take the time to fully understand your goals and preferences before we put forward tailor-made legal advice. We have extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law and are involved in the full breadth of related matters – from simple to complex, small to large, and from domestic to cross border.
Above all, we take a solution-focused and action-oriented approach by taking appropriate proactive measures to protect our clients' interests. Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who can help you navigate complexity in all three main language areas of Switzerland from our linked offices in Geneva, Zurich and Lausanne.
Highly active in the Swiss real estate ecosystem, we're also involved in many pro bono activities ranging from real estate associations, universities and the Swiss Advocates‘ Chamber of Certified Specialists SBA Construction and Real Estate Law, through to real estate chambers and lease courts. By keeping in close touch with the latest sector trends and thinking, we're able to provide the most effective legal advice and representation.
- Transactional real estate – including direct or indirect single asset or portfolio acquisitions or sales, sale-and-lease-back transactions, share deals and hospitality deals, commercial or residential real estate securitisation
- Real estate due diligences
- Real estate development projects
- Real estate architect and contractor agreements – including general or total contractor, planning arrangements, project agreements, SIA agreements, Fidic
- Commercial and residential leases (landlord and tenant representation)
- Environmental matters
- Energy and infrastructure
- ESG-related matters – including green buildings and leases, green financing, reporting and disclosure, ESG-certificates, labelling of properties
- Permits for acquisitions of real estate by persons abroad (Lex Koller)
- Real estate finance including acquisition financing/refinancing and mortgages
- Property and facility management
- Real estate related litigation and arbitration
- Real estate regulatory for regulated investors (such as pension funds and insurers)
- Second home-related aspects
- Digital real estate – including building information modelling (BIM)
- Real estate tax