Broad experience in making a big difference
Fighting poverty and malnutrition. Supporting public health, research, science and sport. Contributing to the arts, culture, economic development, education and the environment. These are all areas where our work with tax-exempt/non-profit organisations has made us Switzerland's leading firm in important fields.
Our in-house experts in foundation and association law, corporate and commercial law, tax and intellectual property share longstanding experience advising both individuals and charitable organisations. These can range from private foundations through to public-private partnerships, prominent public charities and international associations, federations and other transnational bodies.
On the way we've created and represented numerous international foundations, as well as national and international trade associations. Substantially expanding our activities in recent years on international philanthropic matters, we both represent and advise leading foundations and associations on the structuring and implementation of charitable projects in Switzerland and abroad. A unique international network of partner law firms extends our reach to wherever our clients need informed advice from proven, trusted specialists.
- Structuring and incorporation of Swiss foundations and associations
- Obtaining and retaining tax-exempt status
- Representing clients before the Swiss supervisory and tax authorities
- Advising on all aspects of corporate governance, best practices and regulatory compliance
- Structuring relationships with donors, and for-profit and non-profit organisations
- General corporate and contractual matters
- Privileges and immunities under Switzerland's Host State Act
- Intellectual property strategy and implementation
- Employment and immigration law
- Litigation and arbitration