Dr. Jacques Iffland is a specialist in corporate law, securities regulation and M&A, with an emphasis on transactions involving public companies. He is authorized to represent issuers before the SIX Swiss Exchange.
In recent years, Jacques advised among others:
- the Frère and Desmarais families in the CHF 3.3 billion public exchange offer and subsequent freeze-out merger of the Swiss industrial holding company Pargesa,
- the underwriters in ADC Therapeutics's USD 267 million IPO and listing on the NYSE, as well as on the company's subsequent USD 204 million follow-on offering,
- the Geneva clinical-stage pharma company ObsEva for its USD 97 million IPO and listing on the Nasdaq in 2017, followed by a listing on SIX Swiss Exchange in 2018 and various follow-up capital-raising transactions, including a USD 60 million PIPE in 2017, a USD 73.1 million underwritten public offering in 2018 and an "at-the-market-offering" (ATM program) in 2019, and a USD 20 million underwritten offering and concurrent USD 24 million private placement of common shares and purchase warrants in 2020,
- the industrial holding company Aevis Victoria in various M&A transactions, including a CHF 230 million public takeover offer for LifeWatch AG in 2017 and a CHF 66 million contested public takeover offer for the luxury hotel group Victoria-Jungfrau Collection AG in 2013,
- Swissquote Bank for the acquisition of the Luxembourg bank Internaxx in 2018 as well as the forex brokers MIG Bank in 2013 and ACM Advance Currency Markets in 2010,
- the Safra group in the acquisition in 2012 of a majority interest in Bank Sarasin from Rabobank for CHF 1.04 billion, followed by a CHF 840 million public takeover offer to Bank Sarasin's minority shareholders in 2012 and a subsequent merger of Bank J. Safra (Switzerland) and Bank Sarasin in 2013.