Ariel Ben Hattar
Ariel Ben Hattar is a partner in the Capital Markets and FinTech practice groups in Geneva. He regularly advises listed companies, investors and market infrastructure operators on transactional and regulatory matters, including capital market transactions, market conduct and disclosure requirements. His expertise extends to innovation in financial technology and on the use of the distributed ledger technology in financial markets.
Ariel is also the Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Capital Markets and Technology Association (CMTA), an association that develops standards for the use of new technologies in capital markets.
In recent years, Ariel advised, among others:
- Swissquote on the creation of its crypto exchange SQX;
- Swissquote on the creation of "Yuh", a digital neobanking application developed as part of a joint venture with PostFinance;
- JBF Finance SA on its tender offer for Bobst Group SA, valuing Bobst Group SA at CHF 1.29bn;
- Edizione in its strategic agreement for the integration of Autogrill and Dufry;
- the Frère and Desmarais families in the CHF 3.3 billion public exchange offer and subsequent freeze-out merger of the Swiss industrial holding company Pargesa;
- Richemont on the issuance of tradable shareholder warrants, listed on SIX Swiss Exchange, distributed to the shareholders of the company as part of a loyalty scheme.