We focus on real estate transactions, leases, zoning laws, financing, sale and lease backs, real estate regulatory, environmental and other matters.
Our proven real estate specialists provide advice and support to clients ranging from private clients to commercial users and institutional investors to real estate investment funds, financial institutions, rating agencies and public sector. The practice group's capabilities encompass all legal aspects of real estate related transactions (including sale-and-lease back transactions and hotel deals), financings, commercial lease and real estate development projects.
We also advise clients on environmental law matters, for example on how to deal with hazardous waste or contaminated properties in connection with real estate or M&A transactions.
Our work includes:
- Transactional real estate (including direct or indirect single asset or portfolio acquisitions or sales, sale-and-lease-back transactions, share deals and hotel deals)
- Real estate development projects (including zoning and construction laws)
- Real estate architect and contractor agreements (including general or total contractor, planning arrangements, project agreements, SIA agreements, Fidic)
- Commercial and residential leases (landlord and tenant representation)
- Environmental matters related to real estate
- Permits for acquisitions of real estate by persons abroad (Lex Koller)
- Real estate finance (including acquisition financing or refinancing / mortgages)
- Real estate securitization (including CMBS and RMBS transactions)
- Property and facility management agreements
- Real estate related litigation and arbitration (including foreclosure in real estate)
- Real estate regulatory for pension funds and insurers
- Second home related aspects
- Digital real estate / BIM (building information modeling)
- COVID-legislation impacting real estate contracts (e.g. leases, contractor agreements etc.)