We focus on real estate zoning laws, financing, leases, sale and lease backs, estate regulatory, environmental and other issues.
Our proven real estate specialists provide advice and support to clients ranging from private clients to commercial users and institutional investors to real estate investment funds, financial institutions, rating agencies. The practice group's capabilities encompass all legal aspects of real estate related transactions, financings, sale and lease back transactions, commercial lease and real estate development projects.
We also advise clients on matters relating to the environment, for example on how to deal with hazardous waste or contaminated properties in connection with real estate or M&A transactions.
Our work includes:
- Real estate development (including zoning and construction laws)
- Transactional real estate (including direct or indirect single asset or portfolio acquisitions or sales)
- Real estate finance (including acquisition financing or refinancing)
- Real estate securitization (including CMBS and RMBS transactions)
- Sale and lease back transactions
- Real estate architect and contractor agreements (including general or total contractor or planning arrangements)
- Commercial and residential leases (landlord and tenant representation)
- Property and facility management agreements
- Environmental matters related to real estate
- Real estate related litigation and arbitration (including foreclosure in real estate)
- Real estate regulatory for pension funds and insurers
- Permits for acquisitions of real estate by persons abroad (Lex Koller)
- Second home related aspects