Healthcare and Life Sciences
We offer healthcare and life sciences companies a deep understanding of the sector having acquired relevant industry experience over the years.
We act for companies across the industry at all stages of their development on a wide range of transactions, projects and disputes.
Our clients include companies active in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, diagnostics, therapeutics and pharmaceutical distribution, as well as other organisations such as healthcare providers, healthcare trade associations and academic institutions.
The practice covers the full spectrum of legal support in Switzerland and across the border. We advise our clients amongst others on the following aspects:
- Mergers and acquisitions (including spin-offs from academic institutions, early stage financing, acquisition of preclinical stage company, private equity and leveraged buyouts)
- Other commercial transactions (including all forms of licensing, partnering and exploitation agreements, research, development and marketing collaborations, supply and manufacturing agreements)
- Patent litigation and other intellectual property litigation
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
- Intellectual property counselling and freedom to operate opinions (patents, supplementary protection certificates, trademarks, designs, copyrights, know-how)
- Regulatory data and market exclusivity protection
- Capital markets
- Regulatory aspects, administrative and public law
- Legislative matters
- Product liability and recall
Our multi-disciplinary team is drawn from various practices including Corporate and M&A, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Arbitration as well as Competition. We also provide legal support for clients with regard to tax, employment and environmental issues.
We offer clients a genuine interest and deep understanding of the sector. Our lawyers have acquired relevant industry experience through various transactions, disputes and advisory work in the field of health and life sciences over the years. Some of our lawyers have a scientific background.
As such, we are able to deliver commercially sound and effective legal advice to help our clients achieve their business objectives.