We advise start-ups, investors, technology companies and established financial institutions in all FinTech activities.
Supporting clients across the full FinTech spectrum requires a deep understanding of the business models and underlying technologies on top of legal expertise in a wide range of areas, including regulatory, corporate and investment, financing, technology-enabled innovation and data exploitation.
Lenz & Staehelin provides tailored services through a dedicated and multidisciplinary FinTech team to clients operating and investing in all areas of FinTech. We advise start-ups, investors, technology companies and established financial institutions in their FinTech activities. Drawing from experts of various practice groups, as required in the individual case for effective and cost-efficient advice, we strive for long-term trusted relationships with our clients, being a partner in their development and marketing of new service offerings during the various life-cycles.
Reflecting the diverse nature of FinTech projects, our multidisciplinary team covers the full range of relevant legal services while successfully navigating the regulatory environment with close contacts to regulators, including Banking and Finance, TMT and Outsourcing, Intellectual Property, Corporate and M&A, Commercial and Contracts, Competition, Tax and Employment.
- Regulatory and compliance
- Corporate and investment
- IP creation and protection, product and technology development
- Licensing and distribution
- Joint ventures, strategic co-operations and (out)sourcing
- Distributed ledger (blockchain), smart contracts
- RegTech, InsurTech
- Data protection, data based services, data analytics
- Trade secrets, business models
- Financial products, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer lending
- Mobile payment, trading systems
- Robo-advisors, wealth management applications
- Competition law